Community 2000 Education Foundation
The Community 2000 Education Foundation is a non-profit foundation that provides college or vocational school scholarships and supports various other charitable educational activities. In addition to being a non-profit organization, it is the intention of the founders that the efforts of the Foundation and the various expenses associated with the activities of the Foundation be the result, to the extent feasible, of volunteer fund raising or "pro bono" donations of skills and expertise.
Dollars for Scholars Affiliation
Through our affiliation with Dollars for Scholars®, we can give students access to many more scholarships, simplify the application process and pass on benefits from Dollars for Scholars Collegiate Partners®. Dollars for Scholars Collegiate Partners are colleges, universities and other accredited postsecondary institutions that demonstrate their commitment to the development of private sector student aid by supporting the mission of Scholarship America® and its Dollars for Scholars program. Collegiate Partner institutions make the following commitments relating to undergraduate students:
- Dollars for Scholars chapter and other Scholarship America-related scholarships will be used to fill any unmet student need remaining after the institution's financial aid package has been calculated. Dollars for Scholars defers to the institution's formula for determining student need.
- After the unmet student need has been eliminated, up to $2,500 of any remaining Dollars for Scholars and other Scholarship America-related scholarships will be used to reduce the self-help portion of a student's financial aid package. (Note: Self-help does not include parent loans.) Dollars for Scholars prefers that student's loans be reduced before workstudy grants.
- If the self-help portion of a student's aid package is not large enough to completely offset a Dollars for Scholars award of up to $2,500, Dollars for Scholars recognizes the institution's right to make adjustments to its institutional grant to the extent that the Dollars for Scholars award exceeds total selfhelp.
- Some Collegiate Partners have allowed for larger awards to further reduce student and family loan debt beyond the contractual limit of $2,500.
- When need is fully met, treatment of the portion of Dollars for Scholars and Scholarship America related scholarships exceeding $2,500 will be at the institution's discretion.
Please go to our How to Apply page for the information on applying for our 2016-2017 scholarship award cycle.
Community 2000 Dollars for Scholars - PO Box 1161 - Charlestown, RI 02813